Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Revlon ColorStay Overtime


I love Grocery Outlet! I found two Revlon ColorStay Overtime shades for $1.99 each, so I thought I would give it a try. I later checked at Kmart to make sure I was not reviewing something that discontinued, and I was able to find both colors still on the market. For 9 something a piece! Grocery Outlet is one of those places where you can't count on finding a particular product at a particular price, so grab it if you see it.

I tried "Eternally tan" and "True Chocolate".  Both colors were very similar, with the chocolate being pretty much a richer, darker version of the tan. They both have reddish undertones, but I love these colors because they are truly wearable. I tend to shy away from lipsticks all together for two reasons; sometimes it makes me look clown-like and my husband HATES kissing lip product. Well, here is something that overrides both problems with ease.
This lip color claims to last 12+ hours. I applied in the morning and by evening, I still had a lip stain that was noticeable and pleasant. Unlike many long-last products, I have yet to find my lips dried out and cakey. The product applies on smooth and stays. The other side of the applicator wand comes with a clear gloss for shiny lips. Some of us have a gloss-applying obsession, so you get the best of both worlds; rich color and shine.
I can kiss my husband without leaving him looking like a drag queen and I get to have my look a little more pulled together for the day with minimal effort.
I would love to find a frosty pink in this line, if I end up finding an purchasing another shade, I will update my post.
This lip color is a go! Can't wait to wear it for a care-free night of gorgeous lips.
****/****

Top-True Chocolate. Bottom-Eternally Tan



No comments: