Friday, August 12, 2011

"My First BFTE Makeup Set (Bright Colors)"

The first Indie company that I decided to test makeup from was Beauty From the Earth, known as BFTE.This company does not test on animals. I looked through the website and found myself wanting it all! Tons and tons of color choices, these loose minerals are awesome! The website claims to have "...Over 350 unique and modern colors of the rainbow."
At a loss at which colors to try first, I decided to go with the set of bright colors which come in a pretty little box in sample size. This set includes 8 jars of gorgeous shades, .50 grams (by volume) with a sifter. Although this seems like a rather tiny amount, these colors can go a long way, as they are nicely pigmented. The more you use, the more vibrant the color will show up. Dab on a light layer to shimmer or pack on the color with a makeup brush for a more intense effect.
From left to right: Raspberry, Tangerine, Lemon, Green Apple, Gem, Blueberry, Grape, Whisper
My makeup arrived quickly after I placed my order and came in an adorable little box. I was also given a tiny plastic bag with an additional sample with my order. I was so excited! This would make a great first time purchase because these eight colors can be combined in lots of fun ways. I also think this would make a great gift, and at $14.00, you can't go wrong.
I've had a great time with this little set, and I placed another order shortly after.
BFTE sells full size jars for $6.50 and sample size for $2.00. The website also carries cosmetic-grade glitter, some brush sets, foundations, blushes, and more. Every week their is a Color of the Week, voted on by Facebook friends online. The COTW sells for $2.00 for a full-size jar. What a steal! Definitely a great sales technique because it is tempting to want to make a purchase every single week!
I am very happy with this line of cosmetics, and I can't wait to get some $$$$ and pick up new shades.
The colors are more vivid than what my little camera can capture. Did you know that a camera can only capture about 60 shades of color, whereas the human eye can differentiate between millions?!

Taken in the sunlight. From right to left: Raspberry, Tangerine, Lemon, Green Apple, Gem, Blueberry, Grape, Whisper


No comments: